9.20.2015

Baby Bump - 20 Weeks

end of 17 Weeks - Ahahaha!
end of 17 Weeks - freshly home from camping (i.e. 3 days without a shower!)


 19.5 Weeks
How far along: 20 weeks
Gender: GIRL!!  (Yay!)
Weight gain: 7 pounds.
Stretch marks:  No.
Worst moment this month: The "Welcome to School" cold brought home by C, which ultimately led to three sick kids AND the discovery of mucousy, cold curdled milk vomit that I discovered only because I sat in it.  And going to a midwife appointment and arriving 15 minutes late... no wait!  I didn't even have an appointment that day so, I was technically two weeks EARLY! Oh, and waking up to find that A had taken our return address stamp to many (many!) illegal surfaces, such as couches and floors and high chairs, before transferring his dutiful efforts to paper.  I was also NOT pleased to hear my midwife say I'll have to have biophysical profiles and non-stress tests weekly, starting at 34-36 weeks, and that I'll have to be induced at 38-39 weeks "due to my age".  (What!?)
Best moment(s) this month: Having the anatomy scan and seeing a healthy baby GIRL!  She is estimated to be about 13 oz. right now and looks great!
Strangest moment(s) this month: Waking up from a dream where I was head over heels in love with a Forney look-alike (from Where the Heart Is)... The weirdest dream possibly of ever.
Miss anything: My energy!  If I don't sleep well (most nights!), I feel pretty useless until I rest a LOT.  So many evenings, I've finally built up enough energy and buzz around getting things done after dinner time.  So ineffective!
Ultrasound count to date: 3
Movement:  Yes!  Daily now!  I always tell her "hi" and call her by her nickname.
Cravings: White cheddar cheetos, regular popcorn, ice water, fruit salads, whole wheat baked goods, tomato basil wheat thins.
Queasy or sick: Mostly better, except this damp, musty smell in my house makes me feel queasy.  And everyone's "I have a cold" breath.  And I still can't have many sweets (dark chocolate is ok now!) and any soda makes me feel sick!
Looking forward to: Honestly? February.  But until then, I suppose "cooler weather" and maybe even "Halloween" will suffice.

~Nichole

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Another girl!? Yay! I am so happy for you guys! And boo to all the stuff "due to age." I am technically "of advanced maternal age" this go round, but they haven't said anything to me. So I'm hoping that means things will be like normal. ?? We can hope anyway!

"May you be in love every day for the next 20,000 days. And out of that love, remake a world." -Ray Bradbury